Online poker is an exciting pastime that can also be a major source of income on a professional level. The most famous poker players are well known outside the industry and are all multi-millionaires.
Internet poker provides greater diversity, easier access and multi tabling options which is why it is often preferred to live poker.
Poker Experts provides all necessary information to get started in online poker such as room reviews, strategy tips and advice, freeroll schedule aming other useful information.
Getting started in online poker
Everyone can get started playing online poker. Here is a brief checklist:
- Learn the gameplay and strategy basics .
- Choose a poker room that suits you best.
- Create an account and take all necessary steps to verify it.
- Get used to the environment and gameplay mechanics of your poker room via freerolls or play money games.
As soon as you feel comfortable it is time to dive into the action.
Why it might be worth trying online poker
Online poker can be a source of entertainment and excitement however it can also be a source of income. Additionally online poker offers various ways to get into major live events.
There is no upper limit to how much a poker player can earn however earning anything at all on a regular basis requires work, dedication, professionalism and millions of hands played online.
Using other players’ knowledge and experience can be a big help in this process.
Basic online poker rules
Here is a brief review of basic poker rules:
- The aim of the game is to win a hand. A hand can be won with or without showdown.
- Player must provide a buy-in to play in a tournament or a cash game.
- Hand rankings are used to determine the winner on showdown. Pots is split evenly in case of a tie.
- Every poker hand consists of several betting rounds. Sum of all bets determines the size of the pot.
- Every round each player has three options: fold, check(call), bet(raise).
It only takes a bit of practise to get used to the basic rules of the game and start playing.
Online poker game types
There is a wide variety of poker games on offer online however the most popular one is no limit texas holdem. It is by far the most popular and one of the easiest to get into. Most major poker tournaments are nlhe events. Other popular games are:
- Pot limit Omaha(PLO) amd Omaha high-low(Omaha8);
- 7-card stud;
- five-card draw;
- Chinese poker (pineapple).
There is a further wide variety of game types within no limit holdem: cash games, multi table tournaments(mtts), fast poker, sit-and-go and other variants.
online poker strategies
A good strategy is instrumental to long term success in poker. Every game type has it’s own strategy based on that game’s particular gameplay.
Having a solid fundamental strategy for the game you are playing is the key to success contrary to popular belief shared by mass media.
Pros and cons of online poker
Some of the advantages include:
- Money. It is possible to earn life changing money quickly in poker
- Freedom. Online poker can be played from any location at any time meaning you have complete control over your life.
- Availability. Online poker offers a wide variety of stakes and game types meaning anyryone can carve a path to success from the lowest of stakes.
A logical side effect of freedom is unreliability as variance plays a huge part in the life of every poker player.
Use our website to get tips on strategy, select a poker room and get your online poker journey started today!